Hey! I’m Marcia (pronounced like Garcia – if I had a dime for every time I’ve heard “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha” throughout my life, I’d be retired on a freaking beach somewhere and this website wouldn’t need to exist..)
I work with/train/coach/serve people who secretly yearn:
- To get off the couch and start moving but don’t exactly know how
- To get off the couch and someday run a marathon..
- To try a new, exciting way of working out (lifting weights, doing a pull-up, swinging a kettle bell)
- To live a more balanced, healthy, energized life!
I give them the tools to:
- Get more gratification and enjoyment out of life!
- Have a little more discipline, while sprinkling in a little fun!
- Accomplish whatever their goals may be – whether it’s eating better or moving better or just moving at all!
- Find their inner Bad-Ass!
I’ve got/I am:
- 27+ years of running all distances including 45 marathons, 6 of them in Boston
- 10 years of running Hood to Coast – the most awesome relay on the planet!
- An Ironman! I completed the Ironman triathlon in California in 2001.
- A Tough Mudder!
- 4 years Crossfit experience including several Crossfit competitions
- Masters Powerlifter (Bench 135, Squat 265, Deadlift 305)
- A Master’s Degree in Applied Exercise Science with an emphasis in Sports Nutrition from Concordia University
- A Certified Health Coach through the American Council on Exercise
- A Certified Sports Nutritionist through the International Society of Sports Nutritionists
And when I’m not running or training for a race or throwing barbells over my head, I can be found:
- Bragging about/posting endless photos of my 3 gorgeous Maine Coons: Bauer, Landry and Bailey
- Watching football and/or agonizing over my daily Fantasy Football picks
- Traveling to any lavish hotel with a beach, luxury bedding and attached spa
- Volunteering with a local organization, bringing health and wellness to senior citizens